Well, it’s that time of year again!
The students in the B.S. in Marketing here at Champlain College get to finish off their program with a CAPSTONE experience. This course is a five credit culmination of all of their work from their marketing program AND their core liberal arts learning. It’s the place where they learn just how important critical thinking, communication, problem solving and being open to new experiences are to being a successful professional and member of society.
This year, we have a great group of students, who, as a part of their work in this class are pulling together their PERSONAL BRANDING PROJECT aka “The Social Media Ninja Project”. Last year I ran this project for the first time in our MKT420 class and you can read all about right here on this blog — just check out the tag on MKT420.
Students were asked to begin the semester by reading CRUSHIT! by @garyvee and then I asked them to hone in on their passion. Something that they could sustain over a 10 – 12 week time frame that they could also Tweet about, write about, talk about and build a brand around. The ultimate goal of course is to be able to show a potential employer that they truly “get” social media, content creation, and how to set goals and measure success.
And now, without further ado, I would like to introduce you to the Ninjas In Training. I hope you will follow them, provide them with feedback and input because come May, I’ll be awarding Social Media Ninja Status to a select few and will be asking all of you out there if you will HIRE THESE GRADS and based on the topics, you just might learn a thing or too as well!
- Armenti’s World a blog about pet peeves and the crazy things we do in marketing. http://armentisworld.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @davearmenti
- Nina Born a blog about Fashion, Snowboarding and Music…not necessarily in that order! http://ninaborn.wordpress.com/| Twitter: @ninabrn
- ABroad’s Blog a blog about studying abroad by a broad who studied abroad… http://triciacawley.com/| Twitter: @triciacawley
- B-Town Boarder we aren’t all about snowboarding here in #btv. This one is about SKATEBOARDING! http://skateboardbtv.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @kylec_mkt
- Market Research: Beyond the Survey a blog about the backbone to marketing — research, research, research. http://megcril.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @megcril
- Eat Me a foodie blog with a side of snark and a dash of sarcasm and maybe just a wee bit of bacon. http://keldeats.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @keldia
- Salt Water Experience a blog about fish. More specifically setting up a salt water tank. Photos are of Korey’s fish. http://saltwaterexperience.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @kdrewns
- Fashionology the name says it all. A fashion blog about the culture, sophistication and class of the fashion industry. http://angelicasfashionology.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @angelicaferris
- Home is Where the Brew is A blog about home brewing beer. It’s a how to and a homage to the perfect blend of hops, barley and mysterious surprises. http://homeiswherethebrewis.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @nategins
- Compare, Contrast and Comment A blog devoted to us vs. them, that vs. this and everything in between. http://hertweck.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @lucas_hertweck
- Filming My Future one student’s foray into the world of digital film as he learns by creating. http://filmingmyfuture.blogspot.com/ Twitter: @kirkpatrickj
- Culture Cycles a blog about cycling, the community, bikes and gears and everything and anything having to do with cycling. http://www.culturecycles.com/ | Twitter: @klei_ber
- Danica’s Social Marketing Blog all about using marketing to help others highlighting non-profits, individuals changing the world and social issues. http://danicalamos.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @dlamos11
- Interior Design creating beautiful spaces, making meaning from design and gaining inspiration from the every day. http://lyndsaymahoney.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @_lyndsay_
- Katherine’s Tea Pot a blog about tea — growing it, drinking it, why drink it and all sorts of other wonderful surprises. http://katherinesteapot.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @kamcg21
- QM Fashion not your ordinary fashion blog. This one is all about military fashion and the history behind the different items of clothing and the designers inspired by uniforms. http://qmfashion.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @alexqmfashion
- Coup Data a blog about marketing and most specifically about the impact of social media on customer service, data collection and analysis. http://coupdatamarketing.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @Rouellette19
- Sports Anything and Everything a blog about all things sports from a woman hockey players point of view. http://kristanp.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @kristanp17
- Monique Prevost a personal exploration of one students foray into the world of student life, student affairs and leaping out of their comfort zone. http://moniqueprevost.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @moniqueprevost
- Full Court Press this blog is not just about any sport, it’s all about basketball. Hoops, hopes and… I’d write something more but I don’t know enough about basketball! http://pumafullcourtpress.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @nicholaspuma
- I’m Ana High is a personal blog the ultimate goal of which is to fulfill the assignment for the class. Hopefully along the way some other surprises may happen. http://anahigh.tumblr.com/ | Twitter: @anahiigh
- Embracing Fan Life is a sports blog that is less about sports and all about the fans. http://mckennatatro.com/ | Twitter: @tatro20
- Olivia Tenan a blog about non-profits, changing the world and making a difference. http://oliviatenan.wordpress.com/ | Twitter: @otenan
- A road less traveled a travel blog with a volunteering focus from a student who has volunteered and traveled and who plans to do keep on doing just that. http://mtiburzio.posterous.com/ | Twitter: @mltiburz
So there you have it. The Senior Marketing Class of 2011 begins their social media training. Let’s see where they end up!